Give Back While Learning
The Language that Works Volunteer Abroad Program in Costa Rica provides the wonderful opportunity to combine your skills, talents, and passions for community service with language learning and cultural immersion. Our Volunteer Program offers each client the experience of working alongside Ticos (local native Costa Ricans) while enjoying the vast beauty of the countryside and the unique diversity of wildlife. You will leave Costa Rica knowing that you have made a positive impact on the community, while improving your Spanish by traveling in one of the most beautiful countries in Latin America.
Our Volunteer Projects are varied in nature and chosen with foreigners in mind. Each location has volunteer opportunities to positively impact the local community, and is equipped to work with all levels of Spanish speakers and some with English speakers. Volunteer projects are available in the areas of education, ecotourism, and social services fields. We work to customize your volunteer experience by understanding your goals and objectives and matching you with a project that will help your reach your travel goals and provide you with a rewarding immersion experience. The following are some of our project highlights:
- Sonrisas con EsperanzaSonrisas con Esperanza Sonrisas con Esperanza is a local Christian ministry organization which works with the women and children who live in the high risk area of Guararí, Heredia. Volunteers can assist them in providing training in the areas of job skills, parenting, life skills, health, as well […]Read More...
- El Comedor del Niño JesúsEl Comedor del Niño Jesús El Comedor del Niño Jesús, located in Santa Barbara, Heredia, is a non-profit organization that provides hot meals to local low income families in their community. They welcome volunteers to help with the lunch meals, share English conversation, and work in their recycling center. Project Overview Region: Central Valley Location: Santa Bárbara, […]Read More...
LTW Volunteers are persons who have an open mind and a willing heart to help others. To volunteer, you must be at least 18 years of age. We will accept volunteers that are 16 and 17 years old when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Accommodations are also tailored to your preferences. Language that Works offers either a homestay with a family or a stay in an inn. Each provides a private room, access to a bathroom (private bath in the inn), laundry services once a week, three meals per day, access to the internet, and access to a refrigerator to store your personal selections.
The benefits of choosing Language that Works as your volunteer program provider are many. We provide you a very personalized, customized total immersion language experience where you are able to make a contribution. You will have the opportunity to:
- Work alongside local Ticos to make a difference in someone’s life
- Enjoy incredible travel opportunities
- Gain language experience tailored to your goals & skills
- Experience Costa Rican culture
- Receive personalized service in both the U.S. & Costa Rica
- Have accommodation selections based on personal preferences
VOLUNTEER PACKAGES AND FEES
The Volunteer Program Package includes the following:
- Orientation workshops – Pre-trip & in-country
- Accommodations to include:
- Private room in a homestay with a family or an inn
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- Laundry – 1 time per week
- Access to internet
- Excursions – (2-4 total depending on length of stay)
- Airport transportation to & from Juan Santamaría International Airport
- Optional cultural activities
- 24 hour in-country representation
Program fees – Program fees are based on the length of time you choose for your volunteer package.
The Language that Works Volunteer Program provides you an all-inclusive package at such an excellent value that all you have to do is enjoy your time in Costa Rica. Contact us today to let us know how we might coordinate your volunteer program package.