Immersion Through Study Abroad
Study Spanish in Heredia, Costa Rica for a short course and find yourself enamored with the vast natural beauty of Costa Rica. Language that Works is offering a wide range of courses in the town of Heredia where you will be able to learn Spanish while exploring the biodiversity you will enjoy during your stay in Costa Rica.
Heredia is the perfect place to learn Spanish and immerse yourself in the Costa Rican culture. It is a charming little town centrally located where everything is accessible. You can enjoy nearby bigger cities, you can relax at the beach, visit various volcanoes, or simply enjoy nearby tropical rain forests. Heredia offers something fun for everyone!
Universidad Nacional is the partner university selected by Language that Works, where students will complete their study abroad experience. The university is situated in Heredia and it offers an excellent Spanish program for students who want to learn the language.
- Spanish courses designed to get you talking from the very beginning of your study abroad experience.
- Professors trained to teach Spanish to English speakers
- An excellent and innovative university in an outstanding natural environment
- An exciting, diverse student body and small class sizes
- A number of student artistic and athletic groups
- Competitive and intramural athletic teams and clubs
- A health center, campus library and cafeteria are among the modern amenities
Whether you are a student or a professor looking to plan a study abroad experience, LTW is able to customize your experience through UNA to ensure your program is transferable to your degree program. Please click on the information sheet below for more detailed information on our for credit programs.
UNIVERSITY ADMINISTRATORS AND STUDY ABROAD COORDINATORS
LTW works closely with university administrators and study abroad coordinators to customize educational and cultural immersion programs in Costa Rica. Each program is designed to meet the needs and goals of each university and their students.
We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service. We make ourselves available to meet with the administration and/or professors to fully explain the Study Abroad Program. We provide all the marketing and promotional materials, such as fliers, information sheets, posters, etc. We handle all the student documentation and payments, if necessary. We are personaly available to the administration and professors for consultation, and stay in constant communication to ensure a smooth planning process for your students.
The safety and well-being of the students are the most important factors in LTW’s Study Program. We have processes in place to ensure many levels of safety. An LTW representative is always with the study abroad group in-country during the entire lenght of the program. Even if the group is accompanied by a professor. In addition an additional third party provider staff member is available to oversee the program and serve as the program director. In addition, we host pre-departure and in-country orientations to prepare the students to live, study, and enjoy Costa Rica.
We work very hard to provide the truest immersion experience possible for the students. All of our activities and excursions are planned with the goal of language utilization and cultural exposure. Depending on the language abilities of the students, our tours, presentations, excursions, and activities can all be conducted in Spanish so that the student has ample opportunities to practice the language. By viewing the LTW Costa Rica Intern General Information flyer, you will see that LTW’s study abroad program is packed full of fun, interactive, and educational activities. Your students will not want to leave Costa Rica! See our Study Abroad Gallery for photos from previous trips.
We don’t just focus on academics, we plan great immersion experiences!
Professors and administrators don’t miss your opportunity to plan your customized educational and adventurous immersion experience for your students. Please contact us today to see how we can design a program for your university and provide you with a quote.
Personal Development programs are designed specifically for learners who want to enrich their life through Spanish language acquisition, all while enjoying the wonderful nature sights of Costa Rica.
Centro Cultural San Lorenzo is the location selected to hold your Personal Development classes. Located in the quaint town of San Lorenzo, Centro Cultural San Lorenzo is the ideal location for learning Spanish. The town is located just 10 minutes from Juan Santamaria International airport and is close to larger cities and towns where you can find most everything you are accustomed to in the US.
- Spanish courses designed to get you talking from the very beginning of your study abroad experience:
- Intensive – One week of study totaling 20 hours
- Super Intensive – One week of study totaling 20 hours + 2 additional hours each day concentrated in communication
- One-to-one – Customized language classes with your personal language coach or Charlante
- Spanish for Travelers – One week, 20 hours of crash travel Spanish
- Spanish for Missions – One week, 20 hours of crash Spanish customized for short term mission work
- Professors trained to teach Spanish to English speakers
- A wonderful, safe community to study and live
- Class sizes of no more than 6 students
- Fun, interactive, communicative based teaching
For additional information on this Independent Study Abroad opportunity and how you may customize your program to meet your Spanish goals and objectives, see the flier below.
Accommodations are tailored to your preferences. Language that Works offers both home stays with families or in an inn.
If you prefer a homestay we place you with a Tico family matching your requests (i.e. type of family, any dietary needs or allergy concerns, pets, no pets, etc.) Each homestay provides three meals, a private room, access to a bathroom, laundry services once a week, access to the internet, and access to a refrigerator to store your personal selections.
If you prefer to stay in an inn, you will have a private room and bath, three meals per day, laundry services once a week, access to the internet, and access to a refrigerator to store your personal selections.
Orientations, both stateside and in Costa Rica, prepare you to live and study abroad successfully. Prior to departure, we provide you with key information about your abroad experience, accommodations, culture, and other important aspects you will need to know. The in country orientation includes training in safety, medical emergencies, natural disasters, and Tico culture.
Excursions provide you the wonderful opportunity to experience the biodiversity and the culture of Costa Rica. Various one day and overnight excursions offer you the opportunity to experience the beach, volcanoes, rain forests, and in general, immerse yourself in the unique geography and people of Costa Rica. Please see our 2017 Costa Rica Optional Excursions flyer for more details.
The benefits of choosing Language that Works as your Study Abroad provider are listed below. We provide you a personalized, customized total immersion language experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Enjoy incredible travel opportunities
- Study and immerse yourself in the Spanish language. Classes are tailored specifically to help you reach your language goals
- Participate in cultural activities with other students
- Receive personalized service in both the U.S. and in Costa Rica
- Have the option to select the type of accommodations you prefer
- Have a family selected for you based on your preferences.
STUDY ABROAD PACKAGE
- Orientation workshops – Pre-trip & in-country
- Private room in a homestay with a family or an inn
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, & dinner
- Laundry – 1 time per week
- Access to internet
- Optional Excursions
- Airport transportation to & from Juan Santamaría International airport
- Optional cultural activities
- Local cell phone
- Travel insurance covering medical, life, evacuation and repatriation
- 24 hour in-country representation
Program fees differ depending on the type and length of the Study Abroad Program selected. We will be happy to work with you to uniquely customize your program according to your language goals, level of intensity, and travel schedule. For independent study program fees please contact us today to obtain a quote. For study abroad program fees for summer 2017, please view the Study Abroad flyer. If you would like to make payments for this summer’s program, please see the options below for online payments.
The Language that Works Study Abroad opportunity is available every summer. Our program provides you a package at a fantastic value. We handle everything for you. All you have to do is enjoy your time in Costa Rica. Please contact us to let us know how we might coordinate your Spanish studies in Costa Rica and to request a quote.